We Are Hiring – Fully Accredited Part-time Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Rape Crisis North East CLG (RCNE) in collaboration with Drogheda Women’s and Childrens Refuge are recruiting a Fully Accredited Part-time Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
RCNE in collaboration with DWCR are recruiting 1 part-time counsellor to provide counselling support to adults and young people (aged 14 upwards) who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time in their lives. We are unique as our services are free and are provided by a team of highly qualified professionals. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for all our clients.
The Counsellor will be primarily responsible for delivering one-to-one counselling and support services to clients presenting issues relating to rape and sexual abuse.
(Part time – 14 hours – 2 Days a Week)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fully qualified & an accredited member of a recognised body such as IACP, IAHIP, PSI, ICP with a minimum of 3 years post accreditation.
- Have experience and/or training in working with sexual violence.
- Have experience in working with adolescent and adult clients.
- Have experience / knowledge of the domestic violence sector.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organizations as appropriate and represent the organizations at meetings, seminars, presentations etc.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
- Report to the Manager of RCNE.
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of RCNE.
- Provide face to face counselling to survivors of sexual violence.
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Receive ongoing supervision.
- Actively participate in RCNE/DWCR internal meetings e.g. staff meetings, clinical meetings as appropriate.
- Complete the Specialised Rape Crisis Sexual Violence Training.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI or equivalent governing body.
- Flexibility is required as you may be required to work outside of opening hours.
Salary for this post is based on Social Worker Scale = €43,083 to €62,520 pro rata.
a) Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form. Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th May 2023